“Spend more time with family and friends… Loose
10 pounds in 2 weeks… Learn a new language… Organize my time… Appreciate what I
have… Work more in school… Less
depression, more joy…” Those were actually my “every new year’s resolutions”,
promises that I made to myself in the beginning of every year, however never
worked on achieving them.
I consider New year’s eve to be the day when most of us are going to give up their New year’s resolutions, a week after they were made. The day when people waste about 15 minutes, writing down a “wish list” where they mention their aims and desires, thinking that they’re going to achieve them the upcoming year. Well they don’t, they just forget about them. I know that some of you might attack my point of view, but I honestly don’t know a single person that had put in mind his resolutions for more than a month. Therefore, why bother doing them in the first place?
That’s why, this year I decided not to waste anymore paper on those insignificant lists of mine. What I did on New Year’s Eve is that I just assumed about everything I’ve done last year, and I thought to myself “Wow I broke a lot of promises and I can’t even remember achieving any of the innumerable goals from my resolution list”. Therefore, I decided to forget about the lists and to start thinking of a way to achieve my goals throughout the whole year. The only idea I had is to make a commitment to myself where I shall do the following: To always be happy and have a smile on my face, no matter how much pain or melancholy I’m feeling because being happy is going to lead me to do what I really love. As well as to stop stressing over the smallest things because no matter what, nothing’s really worth it. And finally, to start loving myself more, when I’ll be able to love myself, I’ll be able to love people around me and start helping them with the purest heart.
When the clock was passing by 12, I wasn’t counting down the seconds or screaming with excitement, however I was on my knees, praying for God and asking him for a happy and joyful year with my beloved family as well as supplicating him that the commitment I did doesn’t fade after a few weeks, but remains as a living commitment occupying a big part of my life.
I consider New year’s eve to be the day when most of us are going to give up their New year’s resolutions, a week after they were made. The day when people waste about 15 minutes, writing down a “wish list” where they mention their aims and desires, thinking that they’re going to achieve them the upcoming year. Well they don’t, they just forget about them. I know that some of you might attack my point of view, but I honestly don’t know a single person that had put in mind his resolutions for more than a month. Therefore, why bother doing them in the first place?
That’s why, this year I decided not to waste anymore paper on those insignificant lists of mine. What I did on New Year’s Eve is that I just assumed about everything I’ve done last year, and I thought to myself “Wow I broke a lot of promises and I can’t even remember achieving any of the innumerable goals from my resolution list”. Therefore, I decided to forget about the lists and to start thinking of a way to achieve my goals throughout the whole year. The only idea I had is to make a commitment to myself where I shall do the following: To always be happy and have a smile on my face, no matter how much pain or melancholy I’m feeling because being happy is going to lead me to do what I really love. As well as to stop stressing over the smallest things because no matter what, nothing’s really worth it. And finally, to start loving myself more, when I’ll be able to love myself, I’ll be able to love people around me and start helping them with the purest heart.
When the clock was passing by 12, I wasn’t counting down the seconds or screaming with excitement, however I was on my knees, praying for God and asking him for a happy and joyful year with my beloved family as well as supplicating him that the commitment I did doesn’t fade after a few weeks, but remains as a living commitment occupying a big part of my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment