This winter break wasn’t like any other; it was sort of unique in a strange way. A week before the holidays, I expected that we weren’t traveling anywhere since my uncle passed away and no one was in the mood or even had the idea of traveling. Although, I decided to accept what’s happening and enjoy my vacation while spending it in Cairo.
Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one horse open sleigh
Jingle bells, jingle bells…
Listening to Christmas carols while sitting next to the tree, talking and laughing, eating dinner together, unwrapping gifts and taking some photos to memorize those delightful moments. That’s exactly how I spent my Christmas Eve, I joined my friend’s family and we celebrated it with laughs, smiles and chats. The atmosphere was tremendously cozy as well as pleasant; I personally enjoyed every minute of it.
A few days later, my uncle came back from Canada and was really missing the Egyptian food. Therefore, he took us to Al Sayeda Zeinab at night, we walked in the streets, as it was my first time there, I saw a different Cairo. While walking, we stopped for a few minutes to eat “Kabab w Kofta”. I wasn’t expecting the food to be good at all, however, it turned out to be honestly, the best I’ve ever tasted. People were friendly and simple, they were all the same, there was no difference between them, and the best thing about this place was that complexity didn’t exist there.
Furthermore, I realized that living in Cairo is exactly like living in two completely different worlds; the thing that’s great about this is that you get the opportunity to choose whenever you want to get a break from our sophisticated area and visit for a few hours a simple, humble and friendly world. I recognized as well that vacations ISN’T about traveling and visiting new countries although, it’s about having the chance of spending time with the ones you love.

No comments:
Post a Comment