
Hours of work, sleepless nights, stressful days, horrifying nightmares, mind blocks, back hurts
as well as eyes pop out. Well, I’m a little bit exaggerating but unfortunately
this was somehow my situation until the16th of February. On this
particular day, all of those feelings faded away, however were replaced by a
new one: relief. This was the day in which we had to submit our personal
projects. The only thing I thought about this moment, is that I really need a
back massage. You want to know what a personal project is? Well, other than the fact that we have tons of work, there was the part where we had to do researches,
interviews, read books and a lot more. This is exactly what the personal
project is all about, working on a subject you choose for 8 months; mine was
writing an essay on the mechanism of dreams. Before choosing this topic, I
would always think that it’s a shame that after 15 years of sleep every night,
I don’t know how I actually dream. Therefore, when I was asked to pick a subject,
the only idea that struck my mind was “the process of dreams”. I did
researches, met doctors, read books and even decided that I would study
psychology later on. Thus, I was able to write a 7000 words essay anticipating
the mechanism of dreams from 3 different points of view: psychology, science
and religion. As I was working on my project, I had this weird feeling, I was
excited and curious to work on it, however at the same time I felt exhausted by
how much work this demanded. When I was done, I was really proud of what I did;
I felt that I actually learned something. I bet that there are hundreds or even thousands of people that have no idea how dreams occur however never think of looking for answers. But what I'm sure of right now, is that I'm not one of them anymore.
I enjoy reading your blogs. You are such a hardworker. Keep it up. A pleasure to have you in my class.
ReplyDelete